Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) is a an enterprise content management system that manages the creation, storage and control of documents electronically. It is a collection of mechanism that collaborates together to provide a comprehensive solution for managing the creation, capture, indexing, storage, retrieval and disposition of records and information assets of an organisation.
The major benefits of having EDMS are outlined below:
• Enable business continuity planning
• Cost reduction and economy of scale
• Reduce idle time and process gap
• Better physical space utilisation
• Enforce best practice and regulatory compliance
• Connect people, process and information across the organisation